Brief History of Waskita Beton Precast Tbk
PT Waskita Beton Precast Tbk is one of the subsidiaries of PT Waskita Karya (Persero) Tbk, a leading state-owned construction company in Indonesia. The company has successfully undertaken various projects in the fields regarding; toll roads or highways, bridges, skyscrapers, as well as river revitalization.
It started when PT Waskita Karya (Persero) Tbk, which continues to make the best effort, through constant innovations and breakthroughs, broadens the company’s project availability, through conducting and finishing projects with maximum outcome. The reputation gave Waskita Karya’s gain in reliability and trust in terms of working on projects with a large scale. As well as an act of motivation that pushed Waskita Karya further to find developing methods and strategies that is able to make the company become the leading face of construction services.
To support this aim, Waskita Karya turned to innovate, and created various breakthroughs in developing concrete production, which includes the formation of an actively operating business unit since the 1st of January, 2013. Then, this business unit later on became PT Waskita Beton Precast Tbk shortly a year after.
PT Waskita Beton Precast Tbk is a limited liability company, it is established in the Republic of Indonesia, based on number 10 of the Deed of Establishment of Limited Liability Companies on the 7th of October 2014, made under Fathiah Helmi, S.H. A notary in Jakarta, whom which was approved by the Minister of Justice and Human Rights number AHU-293184.108.40.2064, on the 14th of October 2014 (Deed of Establishment No. 10/2014). The latest change includes the amendment of Articles of Association with Deed of Minutes of Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (Akta Berita Acara Rapat Umum Pemegang Saham Luar Biasa) number 23 on the 8th of June 2016, in which was declared and made presented upon Fathiah Helmi, S.H.
Throughout its journey, WSBP’s development of production capacity was approximately expanding at a rapid rate. As of late, the company’s annual production capacity rates surpassed 3,5 tons/year. Sourced by the workings of 11 working plants, as well as running 72 batching plants, and 5 quarries.
With company performance flourishing, PT Waskita Beton Precast Tbk finds expansion a much needed necessity, WSBP ought for changing the business into a much larger and diverse company. This aim for “change” became the foundation of the Initial Public Offering (IPO) which was conducted by releasing 10.54 billion shares at an offering price of Rp490/share. Therefore, the company obtained fresh fund from IPO worth Rp5.16 trillion with underwriter PT Mandiri Sekuritas, PT Danareksa Sekuritas, PT Bahana Securities and PT BNI Securities. The IPO occured on 20th of September 2016, within the Indonesian Stock Exchange.
Basic Human Resource Management Policy
The Company determines the HR management strategy to be vastly included in the work plan, as well as the strategies needed during the running of the business activity. To that extent, the Company is always guided by the applicable law in Indonesia, the basis of internal rules of the Company and some other references. This factor is used as a customized foundation in required HR management.
- The Human Resource Management refers to the Indonesian Constitutional Law (UUD’45) number (law) 13 on Employment, 2003. The Company’s foundation relies upon the formulation of HR as well as the provisions contained in law number 13 of 2003. This regulation has strictly and yet effectively influenced necessary aspects including;
- Equality and fulfillment of human rights
- Workforce Planning and Informations
- Job Training Regulations
- Work Relationships
- Labor protection, wage and welfare
- Industrial relations
- Work termination
- On the next stage, the basic Human Resource Management policy and regulations also refers to:
Articles of Association and Households (Anggaran Dasar dan Rumah Tangga/AD/ART) whose content has referred to the substance contained in the constitutional law number 13 of 2003, and has been developed and re-adjusted to the business conditions within Waskita Beton Precast Tbk. The duties and responsibilities of HR management in AD/ART that is related to human resources management is to support the main business activities and support the Company by meeting the needs of employees, in terms of quantity and quality.
- The progression of HR management referred to WSBP’s working plan/strategy
In order to have the Company’s working plan and strategies, as well as the human resource management policies and regulations progress effectively with one another, the Company assigned the Directorate of human resources to create necessary adjustments to the working plan/strategies given by the Company. It is a complete necessity, to have the Human resource division to be maximised throughout progression, to support the fully established plan. These adjustments mentioned earlier includes:
- Performing system development work within the implementation process of Shared Service Center HR. Along with the increasing size of organization, and yet the Company, it comprises of necessary adjustments in the work system that also consists of the implementation of Talent Management System and KPI in line with the given objectives of the Company.
- To transform the working culture and ethics by taking into account the production and implementation activities that are more in line with the manufacturing business process.
- The progression of HR Management also correlates to other references:
Other than the fulfillment of the basic regulations and policies in terms of running the HR system and management throughout the Company’s environment, Waskita Beton Precast Tbk also adopted several strategies in terms of managing the Human resources division, based on studies conducted by external authorities or parties such as; MarkPlus Consulting and LPTUI, in which covers both; general and specific aspects to the Company. This conducted so that decision-making occurrence related to the Company’s HR management becomes more accurate and appropriate to the necessities. References in the framework of formulating the Company`s human resources management policy include:
- Consultancy services by MarkPlus Consulting is related to Success Profile WSBP & HR Program Development, employee recruitment process, as well as Job Description update.
- Assessments and consultation services for employees above the Manager level includes recommendation programs that revolves around the development of employee’s work ethics.